Friday, October 5, 2012

12-10-04 Kakaako Waterfront Park Fire Jam

We returned once again to visit the fire twirlers at their Fire Jam at Kakaako Waterfront Park.  They are at the park every Thursday evening beginning as early as 7:30 pm and practicing till 9:45.  Everyone must vacate the park by 10...the gates to the parking lot are locked.

Because I don't have a fast zoom lens I usually shoot either a 35mm or 50mm f/1.8 prime lens.  It allows me the ability to shoot hand held at the larger aperture when I increase the ISO to 800 or more.  While I do have noise it's easily removed in post processing.



This young man was quite good.



I have a hard time when they do fire breathing, it's sooo bright.



Many of the performers would run the fire balls across the concrete setting up fire trails.





As much as I like the fire twirling I actually normally get better shots with the ladies that twirl the LED lights.








No comments: