Saturday, May 26, 2012

12-05-26 IWSSB Likeke Falls Hike

I have never been to Likeke Falls although I've seen meetups for hikes to the falls.  Finally got a chance to do the hike with people I really like and who hike at my pace...slow.  We spent nearly 4 hours on this hike...loved it.

When I woke this morning I very nearly backed out because of weather.  But then, checking the internet, no one had canceled the hike.  I had to suck it up, not wimp out and pick up Yvonne.

We got to the Pali Lookout and it was windy and overcast but no rain was falling...and no one had a clue as to how to get to the falls.  We decided we would initially just follow the Old Pali Road as far as we could then go eat breakfast. 



Do we look confused or what?


Luckily we ran into two ladies that knew the way and were willing to lead us in.  We had to go under the freeway.


Made it.


Everyone spread out and began shooting.






Because we didn't want to hold up the two ladies that guided us to the falls, we didn't take pictures while hiking in.  So....



These people are nuts, they were trying to climb up a shear cliff face with strong winds blowing down against them.





 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome...sure wish I was off on the weekends and still had my ka‘a:-) Looked like a wonderful time. Mahalo for sharing

pcsty said...

Thanks Patrick, we also do thing during the week so let me know when you are free and maybe we can hook up.