Thursday, December 25, 2014

An Inside Look at How We Judge Photo Contests

magine scrolling past each and every single image to find the awesome ones. Once these are found, they’re opened up in another tab. When all of the photos have been looked at, I move on to my selections and weed out the weakest images. I used to judge the contests solo, but in recent times I’ve brought Managing Editor Julius Motal on to help. With the Phottix portrait contest, we looked at the final batch together and made a decision. In fact, he picked the winning image and I supported his decision.
In general, what happens is I scroll past images and find the ones that stand out at me. When images are that small as you see in the lead image of this article, something needs to be truly uncanny to stick out. Typically, we find around 20 or so uncanny images.


An Inside Look at How We Judge Photo Contests

No comments: