Saturday, October 29, 2011

11-10-29 Pu'u O Kaimuki Mini Park Sunrise/Odds & Ends

Found a green gecko in my yard but it doesn't look like the "Madagascar Day Lizard," the coloration on it's back is different.



My "Wandering Pineapple Orchard" is blooming.  :-)




Thank god it's the fall, woke up early (4:30am) for a sunrise shoot from Pu'u O Kaimuki Mini Park.  Don picked me up at 5:15 and then we picked up Minh before heading for the park and the rest of the "I wanna shoot so badly" crew. 

Sunrise itself was pretty bland (too many clouds on the horizon) so we all fooled around and shot the city behind us.  We wrapped up early and took off...MISTAKE!  As we were on the freeway heading for Minh's house I chanced a look backwards only to see the golds, yellow's & oranges of a magnificent sunrise.  The suns rays were poking through the cloud cover...oh well!






















After we let Minh off Don wanted a few shots of the old neighborhood so we pulled over and took some pictures.






 I wanted to see what this looked like in a b&w then couldn't make up my mind which I like better.


No comments: