Saturday, July 21, 2012

12-07-21 Makapu'u Tide Pools Sunrise

I have a very difficult time getting up early in the morning for sunrise picture taking.  Perhaps it's because I don't go to sleep early...  Having said that, this morning I braved the early morning and joined up with a bunch of friends to shoot the sunrise from the Makapu'u tide pools.


About half an hour before sunrise this is what we saw.

Kailua to the left and KMCAS to the right.

This must house the pumps that move the water to Sea Life Park for their aquariums.  I say this because it was making machine sounds.

Not quite sunrise yet.

Found this monument and offerings.

Here comes the sun...

The shadow on the right side horizon is the island of Molokai.

Hang gliders launch from the top of those peaks.

My attempt at a panorama.  Click on it for a larger image.

Makapu'u Light House

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Amazing!

pcsty said...

Thank you Heidi, glad you like the pictures. :-)