Monday, January 14, 2013

13-01-12 OPMUG Hamama Falls Photo Hike

I have not been to Hamama Falls since early last year.  So I joined the OPMUG photographers in a photo hike to the falls.  The sky was overcast with occasional sprinkles but no major showers.  That was good but it also meant that we would not be getting the spectacular waterfalls on the Koolaus. 

This is the perfect group for me to hike with.  Everyone's so busy looking around that so we end up hiking at a relatively slow pace.



That's the Board of Water Supply's pumping station in the background.


 I'm always fascinated with the detritus found on hiking paths.


Occasionally one comes upon a fern patch.


I came noticed a small field of these flowers in bloom.  Then I realized there were grasshoppers all over the place.


Can you guess what that is?


More detritus.


The stream flowing away from Hamama Falls.


Hamama Falls looking past the Board of Water Supply's pipeline.


This flower is so cool.


 These leaves just fascinated me.  I like the texture and the rigidity of the spines.


White Christmas Cactus flower...


Red Christmas Cactus flower.

No comments: