Sunday, October 3, 2010

10-10-01 First Friday-Chinatown, Honolulu

Richard and I decided to attend the "First Friday" block party held in downtown Honolulu on the first Friday of each month.  This is the first, and I must say not my last, time attending this event.  We concentrated primarily on the Chinatown portion of the event this time.

First we went to Ala Moana Beach Park to try and catch a few pictures of the sunset...

I want to apologize to these two gentlemen.  They were kind enough to let me take their picture but both shots turned out to be out of focus
I know you'll all be thrilled to know that Hare Krishna is alive and well in Hawaii.
 Don't ask, don't tell!



Many years ago, these would mostly have been hookers, their prospective clients, strippers headed to work, drug dealers...etc.  My how time changes.

 A heavy Police presence makes one feel safe...I think.


I started taking pictures down an empty alley, then this lady came and parked her car.  Passersby kept stopping and asking why I was photographing the alley.
I went into one of the shops to take these next two pictures.
 I don't think I've ever seen a happier Hotei.
 As we were walking to the parking lot, I wanted to try and get a shot of this docked ship at Honolulu Harbor.
 Earlier in the evening, I was screwing around and took this shot...I like it.

No comments: