Monday, September 5, 2011

I've Learned... by Andy Rooney

  • that when you're in love, it shows.
  • that just one person saying to me, "You've made my day!" makes my day.
  • that being kind is more important than being right.
  • that you should never say no to a gift from a child.
  • that I can always pray for someone when I don't have the strength to help him in some other way.
  • that no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.
  • that sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.
  • that it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.
  • that under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.
  • that to ignore the facts does not change the facts.
  • that when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.
  • that love, not time, heals all wounds.
  • that everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile.
  • that no one is perfect until you fall in love with them.
  • that opportunities are never lost; someone will take the ones you miss.
  • that when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.
  • that I wish I could have told my Dad that I love him one more time before he passed away.
  • that one should keep his words both soft and tender, because tomorrow he may have to eat them.
  • that a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.
  • that I can't choose how I feel, but I can choose what I do about it.
  • that everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.
  • that it is best to give advice in only two circumstances; when it is requested and when it is a life threatening situation.

No comments: