Monday, February 13, 2012

12-02-7&11 Waiamea Bay Barber's Point Lighthouse Pu'u Ulaka'a Tantalus Sunset

Although I've been shooting quite a bit recently for some reason I have not been real happy with the shots I'm taking.  Here's what I've got so far from 3 shoots over last week and this weekend.

To start off, Richard and I went up to the North Shore, on Tuesday, because there were reports that large swells may hit the beaches.  Unfortunately strong winds left very small and choppy surf.  As a result we found lots of parking at Waiamea Bay.  Here's a panorama I stitched together of the beach and surf...notice how few people were there.

Yup, that's all the people.  And this was taken about 10am in the morning.





On Saturday morning I got up a bit late and had to hurry to get to a sunrise shoot with friends from the "Frame 21" photography group.  We shot from the Barbers Point lighthouse located next to the Barbers Point Beach Park.






That's James, Kelli, Matsu & Jason setting up and shooting.

Can you see the moon?

Richard's sister Nancy bought Wes's dog TJ a gift when she was visiting.  This was TJ's first opportunity to play with the toy.

Unfortunately because of the coral reef so close to shore, TJ's play area was this small sandy tidal pool.  Still he had a pretty good time.



That evening I met up with my OPMUG photo friends to shoot sunset from atop Tantalus at Pu'u Ulaka'a State Park.







No comments: