Saturday, September 22, 2012

12-09-22 OPMUG Malaekahana Beach Park Sunrise

I stayed up all last night so I would make it to Makaekahana Beach Park for sunrise this morning.  It turned out to be overcast, high tide with lots of waves crashing on the shoreline.  But I still managed to get a few decent shots.




This shot actually came from my backyard.  We call it an air plant because it doesn't need to have its roots planted in the ground and it gets its moisture and nutrients from the air and air currents.



One of the reasons I like to take sunrise pictures at Malaekahana is the fallen trees on the left hand part of the beach.  They make for great foreground in pictures.



This picture is out of focus but I actually like it this way.  I get a better sense of the flow of the wave.



This is looking back towards the road and mountains.  I'm standing knee deep in water.



There were some guys out here taking part in an island wide shore fishing tournament.



The cloud bank pretty much ensured that there would be no sunrise but there was still some color.



The white on the far right is houses on Laie Point.


No comments: