Sunday, November 11, 2012

12-11-10 OPMUG Kaneohe Bay Sunrise

OMUG returned to Kaneohe Bay this morning for a sunrise shoot.  In planning this everything that could go wrong went wrong.  I misread where the sun would be rising so we got no sunrise to speak of.  The tide was still coming up when we arrived so there was very little beach for us to work with.  It was windy so the ocean was choppy...what can I say.  Yet we still managed to have a pretty good time and get some decent shots.




When I arrived a little before 6am this is all the beach we had to work with and the tide was still coming up.



This just looked better as a black & white.  The wind moved the boat during my exposure so they are slightly out of focus.




This shot was pretty badly overexposed but I found I liked what I had after reducing the exposure and darkening the shot overall.  I pushed the saturation and vibrancy way up and am actually pleased with the results.



The color was washed out in many of my shots so I once again pushed up the saturation and vibrancy in hopes of getting a better looking picture.



The way the light from the rising sun reflected off the clouds and the water was pretty cool.



It is always amazing to me that any group of photographers will always be looking in different directions.



The sun finally beginning to come up from behind the hill.

No comments: