Tuesday, February 5, 2013

13-01-23 Nimitz Beach Sunset

Brandon messaged me about shooting the sunset from Nimitz Beach.  So I met up with him and after all the rainy weather we've been having, we had a pretty decent sunset.  We went further up the beach than before and Brandon showed me a new area to shoot.



I took the new access road and noticed this, so I stopped to take some shots.  I'm pleased with how this came out.


Old #92 still stands guard over the end of the Barbers Point Coast Guard Air Station runway.


I just did not have enough lens to capture the entire rainbow... :-(


The edge of the beach is overgrown with shrubs and small trees.  I liked the contrast of the dead tree against the lush foliage.


This is the sunset we got...



Took a chance and snapped this off from the beach parking lot.

No comments: