Tuesday, February 5, 2013

13-01-25 EOH Kewalo Basin Small Boat Harbor Sunset

I met up, with the folks from the Eyes of Hawaii photography club, for a sunset shoot from Kewalo Basin Small Boat Harbor in Kakaako. 

Before I left my house I spent a few minutes fooling around in my yard.



He was surprisingly cooperative.


They look like fuzzy twins.


Saint Marianne Cope, O.S.F., also known as the Saint Marianne of Molokaʻi, (January 23, 1838 – August 9, 1918) was a German-born American who was a member of the Sisters of Saint Francis of Syracuse, New York. Known for her charitable works and virtuous deeds, she spent many years caring for lepers on the island of Molokaʻi in Hawaiʻi. Despite direct contact with the patients over many years, Cope was not afflicted by the disease, considered by some faithful to be miraculous.


Sunset wasn't as exciting as we thought it would be.


Beginning of the "blue hour."


The "blue hour."


After dinner Don dropped me off and I decided to do some long exposure's by myself.  This shot across the harbor caught my eye earlier so it was the first thing I returned to.


The lights to the right are 2 fishermen torch fishing.  When I first began shooting on this side they about midway from Magic Island.


The Blessed Marianne Cope

No comments: