Sunday, February 10, 2013

13-02-08 Queen Emma Street & Capt. Cooke Street Overpasses

We returned to the Queen Emma Street overpass to try to catch the sunset and to try some more long exposures. 



The sun was still up so I stacked two ND3 filters atop one another to get the equivalent of an ND6.  This enabled me to begin shooting at longer exposure times without having every thing simply blown out from too much light.


I was pleasantly surprised with this shot.  I didn't think I could bring back this much detail on the bus. 


I fooled around with the multiple exposure setting on my camera.  This is actually a composite of 3 different images blended together in camera. 


When shooting longer exposures, I can add myself to the picture by walking in front of the camera and staying still for a bit. 


So many lights...


The path to the senior citizens home.


No comments: