Friday, March 15, 2013

My Adventure With Brandon

Brandon called and asked if I'd like to shoot in town on Friday the 1st of March. 

He picked me up at the Pearl City Wal-Mart and off we went.  Our First stop was the Bernice Puahi Bishop Museum more affectionately known as Bishop Museum.  It was after hours and we weren't sure we could get onto the grounds...but we found an open gate and just meandered in. 


I believe this is the Castle Memorial building.


The dome to the Planetarium. 


This is a hand held 4 shot panorama of the museum.

You can access the museums online exhibits and data here:

Bernice Puahi Bishop Museum 

Our next stop was St Theresa School and the Co-Cathedral of St. Theresa of the Child of Jesus.  Brandon grew up near here and attended services at the church.

Before we began taking pictures we checked with a priest and got his okay.  


At this time in the afternoon/evening the light was shining directly into the cathedral.   This lower window fascinated me.


Inside the windows lit up.


I found this on the pillars at the entrance to the cathedral. 


Looking into the cathedral from the main entrance.


This rose bush was just off to the side of the main entrance.


The main entrance to the cathedral.

We left the Co-Cathedral of St. Theresa of the Child of Jesus and headed down to Kakaako Waterfront Park.  

Brandon and I got seperated at the park so I returned to the car and waited.  This is what I did to keep me occupied.


Walking form the shoreline to the parking lot.


I believe this is part of the John A. Burns School of Medicine.


The straight line of light is from a bicyclist. 

 

The front of the parking lot,  Looking mauka towards Ala Moana Boulevard.

No comments: