Thursday, July 15, 2010

I always know it's July because my "Firecracker" plants are all blooming now.

This is a Chinese "Lady Finger" banana. The fruit should be on the small side but very sweet.

My "Apple" banana is struggling this year. Not much fruit and the leaves are stunted. At first I though it was the "Banana Top Disease" but all the baby plants are coming up strong and look good. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I have 2 papaya trees. This one is very strong and the fruit is good sized. My other tree is near the end of it's useful life and the branches and fruit have gotten very small.
Last year I bought one strawberry plant and it's now bearing fruit. The tendrils came out last year shortly after I planted my strawberry and now I have many plants that are beginning to flower.

No comments: