Sunday, August 1, 2010

Polo at Mokuleia Polo Field

This afternoon I went with CD to watch the Polo game between Hawaii and India. The game was played at Mokuleia Polo Field on the North Shore. The field rests between the highway and the ocean with Dillingham Airfield just down the road.
I parked my car on the ocean side of the polo field, so it was only a few steps to the beach and these shots of a kite surfer.


The weather was pretty confused today, it rained, the sun came out, it rained, the sun came out...etc. As a result the rest of the ATO group was bundled up in their chairs.

I wanna take this guy home next time. He was so friendly.






There were two special events for intermission/half time today. One of the local hot rod clubs brought out their vehicles for all to see. They were even kind enough to parade around the polo field so I could get these shots.





The second show was a parachute jump club landing in the middle of the polo field. These two were the last to land for good reason. At first I thought they had gotten tangled up...




Then they performed this maneuver and I realized that it was their contribution to our entertainment.

It's hard to see but a rainbow was trying very hard to form up.


2 comments:

celia said...

Wow, I really like the last shot of the parachuters -so cool how the guys created the circle and their feet look like they are connected.

pcsty said...

Thanks Celia, I'm glad you like the pictures. We'll have to do this again next polo season.