Monday, August 6, 2012

12-08-05 IWSSB Ko Olina Sunset Moonrise Milkyway

Did quite a bit this past Sunday.  Early evening I headed up to Ko Olina's Ihilani Resort & Spa for the Sunset, moonrise and my first attempt at photographing the Milkyway.




The little cove we were in was really crowded...a monk seal had come ashore and as a result there were throngs of tourists snapping pictures.



 I was more interested in the flat shelf that the waves would wash up over then recede from.




King of his breakwater...



I intentionally shot this out of focus because the lights along the shoreline were interesting to me.



My first attempt at photographing the Milkyway and being reasonably in focus.



Two interesting things about this shot, first I think that's a meteorite (the streak lower left center) and second the 7 brightest stars on the right form an arc. 



I'm getting better...



I do believe that Ko Olina is haunted.  



Moon just above the Disney Aulani Resort & Spa.

No comments: