Saturday, August 11, 2012

12-08-11 Barbers Point Beach Park Sunset Long Exposures Milky Way

Brandon, Henry, Adam, Sandy & I went to the Barbers Point Beach Park this evening to try our hands at taking some Milky Way pictures.



I got there around 6:30, but the sunset wasn't going to occur till shortly after 7pm, so I began taking pictures off of the small jetty.


When I initially started setting up, for this shot, there were a whole bunch of "ama" crabs out sunning themselves.



As the sun got lower on the horizon I began getting ready to take pictures of the sunset.


I was pleasantly surprised to find I had caught a sun burst.


The tide was low, so it really afforded a wonderful opportunity to do a long exposure of the waves crashing over the reef.


This intrigued me but I really had problems with the metering.  The horizon is so bright it blew out.


Looking East this is what I saw.


The Milky Way.


I had to crop quite a bit to get the horizon straight...now you can't even see it.  But I managed to keep a bit of the Milky Way.


Again looking East this is what I saw.

No comments: